How can I receive assistance?
2) Bring the correct information
Please be sure to bring the correct documentation. Without the proper paperwork, we cannot proceed with your interview & you will have to reschedule. Below is a list of the documentation you need to bring:
1. Legal picture ID’s for everyone over 18 (Driver’s License, Passport, Military ID, State Identification Card). NO work ID’s, jail ID’s or any other type accepted.
2. Social Security cards for everyone in the house. Must be actual card or printout from the Social Security office not a copy, number or benefit letter.
3. Proof of income for the last 30 days. (Check stubs, child support printout, Social Security benefits letter, Careersource registration, Unemployment benefits letter, food stamp verification). If you are a student, you must provide proof of all monies received or due to receive for the most recent quarter. If you have no income, you must provide proof of Careersource or Social Security registration. You need to show that you will be able to maintain your bill if you receive assistance.
4. Full bill with breakdown of charges for electric. We cannot pay deposits, late fees, connect or re-connect fees, etc. If your bill includes any of these fees, you must pay them FIRST before we can consider any further payment.
5. Original prescriptions for RX. We do not assist with any narcotics or controlled substances.
6. Actual bill for water or gas assistance.
7. Lease agreement & eviction notice for rental assistance.
8. For mortgage assistance, you must provide a copy of mortgage and a past due statement that itemizes the payment due (i.e., principle, interest, insurance, taxes, escrow, etc.).
3) Come to your appointment
Make sure to give yourself enough time for your appointment. Each appointment takes approximately 30 minutes or more. If you have small children or infants, be sure you have enough supplies (snacks, bottles, diapers, toys) to make the wait more tolerable for them. If you are riding with someone else, please be sure they understand the length of time necessary for your appointment. After your appointment, you should receive a call within 72 hours to let you know if we were able to assist you. Please wait for that call. If you have not heard anything after that time, please call for the decision.